Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The Colors of the Morning Are Inside Your Eyes


Sometimes when I am driving my FedEx truck in the morning, if the clouds are right, and if I am awake enough to see it, and if I'm not stressed about late packages, I'm amazed by the sunrise. I ought to be amazed by it everyday. I'll catch a glimpse of pink light in my side mirror, and when I turn the corner the sky just above the tree-line will be lit with these orange and pink clouds and brightening blue sky, and I'll have to ease off the gas pedal for a moment and just soak it in.

I like to complain to people about how early I have to wake up in the morning (5 am!), but I'm beginning to think that I am lucky to have a job that allows me to witness both stars and sunrise, celestial wonders I don't often pause to observe. Yesterday, as I pulled out of Lydia's Uniforms main office (which, by the way, was initially difficult to find because a trailer was parked in front of the address sign—come on, people!), I thought of the words to the song You're Beautiful by Phil Wickham. I even started singing it. That's the other good thing about driving a truck alone: it doesn't matter how poorly you sing, no one can hear you. No one even has to know. Unless you post it on your blog.  

No comments:

Post a Comment